PathwayConnect lasts 1 year (3 academic semesters) and is designed to help students start or return to higher education at a very low cost.
By completing coursework online and gathering once a week with other local PathwayConnect students, students may later receive up to 15 credits that can be applied toward an online certificate or degree program from BYU-Idaho.
No Cost to Apply
No Standardized Test Scores (ACT/SAT)
No Worthiness Interview
- Be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or have a close tie to the church. 1
- Be at least 17 years old (with a high school diploma or equivalent) or over age 19 (with or without a high school diploma or equivalent)
- Attend weekly gatherings during PathwayConnect (one full year)
- Strive to live by the CES Honor Code
- Complete an English language assessment (for non-native English speakers)
- Be capable of entry-level college academic work
- Have daily access to a computer with high-speed Internet and webcam/video chat capabilities
- Live within a reasonable commuting distance of a PathwayConnect location
Dates & Deadlines
PathwayConnect is currently accepting applications at some locations for Winter Semester 2019, which begins in January. Applications for Fall Semester 2019 (which begins in September) will be available in May.
|Last Day to Apply||December 18|
|First Day of Online Classes||January 7|
|Fist PathwayConnect Gathering||January 10|
|Last PathwayConnect Gathering||April 11|
|Last Day of Online Classes||April 13|
Certificates & Degrees
Choose from 40 online certificate and degree programs offered from BYU-Idaho.
To become eligible for a BYU-Idaho online certificate or degree, students must meet one of the following requirements:
- Successfully complete PathwayConnect with a 3.0 GPA or higher, or
- Earn a minimum of 15 on-campus credits at one of the colleges or universities operated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (BYU, BYU-Idaho, BYU-Hawaii, or LDS Business College)
Individuals who meet one of the above requirements may visit BYU-Idaho Online for details about how to apply to a certificate or degree program.
Individuals who do not meet one of these requirements should consider joining PathwayConnect, which provides a path for students to pursue a BYU-Idaho certificate or degree online.