Start your educational journey today
PathwayConnect lasts 1 year (3 academic semesters) and is designed to help students start or return to higher education at a very low cost.
By completing coursework online and gathering once a week with other local PathwayConnect students, students may later receive up to 15 credits that can be applied toward an online certificate or degree program from BYU-Idaho.
No Cost to Apply
No Standardized Test Scores (ACT/SAT)
No Worthiness Interview
- Be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or have a close tie to the church. 1
- Be at least 17 years old (with a high school diploma or equivalent) of over age 19 (with or without a high school diploma or equivalent)
- Attend weekly gatherings during PathwayConnect (one full year)
- Strive to live by the CES Honor Code
- Complete and English language assessment (for non-native English speakers)
- Be capable of entry-level college academic work
- Have daily access to a computer with high-speed Internet and webcam/video chat capabilities
- Live within a reasonable commuting distance of a PathwayConnect location
Certificates & Degrees
Choose from 40 online certificate and degree programs offered from BYU-Idaho.
To become eligible for a BYU-Idaho online certificate or degree, students must meet one of the following requirements:
- Successfully complete PathwayConnect with a 3.0 GPA or higher, or
- Earn a minimum of 15 on-campus credits at one of the colleges or universities operated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (BYU, BYU-Idaho, BYU-Hawaii, or LDS Business College)
Individuals who meet one of the above requirements may visit BYU-Idaho Online for details about how to apply to a certificate or degree program.
Individuals who do not meet one of these requirements should consider joining PathwayConnect, which provides a path for students to pursue a BYU-Idaho certificate or degree online.